- 3D geometric measurement of installations and piping
- 3D scanning (also EX) of engine rooms, installations and ballast tanks
- 3D scanning of parts e.g. ship propellers
- Alignment of complete propulsion installations
- Measuring line bore, stern tubes and rudder stocks
- Reverse engineering
- Vibration measurement and analysis
- Vibracon® adjustable foundation elements
- Epoxy casting compound Belzona® 7111
- Intershim® (custom) shims
Propulsion unit alignment
Accurate alignment of propulsion components ensures longer life and lower energy consumption.
Medir rents and sells Fixturlaser shaft alignment equipment for aligning the (diesel) engine on the gearbox and for aligning generators or other rotating equipment. The alignment of the gearbox with respect to the stern tube and brackets is measured with the Fixturlaser NXA Straightness package.
Would you rather outsource the alignment? Medir International has an experienced service team to perform the measurements for you.
Ballast Water Treatment System Retrofit
From 2019, a Ballast Water Treatment System (BWTS) for seagoing vessels has become an important means of complying with the new D2 standard. This means that adjustments need to be made in the engine room of these ships.
Medir International uses a 3D scanner to map the engine room. This makes it easier to engineer a BWTS.
Medir International also has an explosion-proof 3D scanner for scanning in Atex zones.
3D scanning of parts and piping
In addition to equipment for scanning environments, Medir International also has various 3D scanners for the highly accurate scanning of parts and piping.
Common applications are scanning a screw for geometry checking or scanning a camshaft.
The measured data can be compared with a CAD file to check the quality. It is also possible to generate a new drawing based on the scan data.